The Top 25 Most Played Words in Scrabble that have 2 or More I's

The letter "I" may be the most pesky letter in Scrabble!  You will get a lot of them during a game but they're only worth 1 point and they can be difficult to use.  Consequently, you will often find yourself with two or more "I"'s in your rack.  If you aren't careful, they can really pile up.

So it becomes handy to know words that allow you to dump several "I"'s at once.  The list below contains the top 25 most often played "I dumps" in Scrabble (under OWL2).  As usual, the list is ordered by playrank starting from the most often played word "ziti."

1. ziti
2. ixia
3. inia
4. titi
5. zitis
6. inti
7. bidi
8. irid
9. liri
10. virid
11. aioli
12. vigia
13. iwis
14. ivied
15. tipi
16. torii
17. oidia
18. vinic
19. midi
20. kiwi
21. nidi
22. aalii
23. vizir
24. djinni
25. jinni

Note that, although the title of this article promises "2 or more" letters "I," the most often played word with more than two "I"'s is "iritic" and it would not appear in the list above until position 114.  What this tells us is there's really no need to dump more than two "I"'s at the same time.

This list is original research from ScrabbleGuru.com.  Come visit us for more!
Copyright © 2011-2013 ScrabbleGuru.com. All Rights Reserved.